“The last four years have seen record progress for Long Beach and this team will continue to work together to move our city forward in economic development, housing and public safety,” said Mayor Robert Garcia.
All nine officials were reelected to their respective offices. Over the last four years, Long Beach has seen significant economic progress, with billions being invested throughout the city. This year, Long Beach reached the lowest unemployment rate in history at just 4.1%, lowest murder rate, and average incomes are rising faster in Long Beach than most large cities in the United States.
The nine officials included:
- Robert Garcia, Mayor
- Charles Parkin, City Attorney
- Laura L. Doud, City Auditor
- Doug Haubert, City Prosecutor
- Lena A. Gonzalez, Council District 1
- Suzie Price, Council District 3
- Stacy Mungo Flanigan, Council District 5
- Roberto Uranga, Council District 7
- Rex Allen Richardson, Jr., Council District 9